Friday, April 16, 2010

The dotted 9 mark

Hello again glassfloat friends.

I have a question for you collectors out there, have you ever seen or examin a float like the one on picture below? It is an interesting mark but no one seems to be interested in this old and rare float and mark...why?
I remember from my float research that several floats with marks (dotted 9) was found in areas far north. Several samples was found in Vesteraalen area and a few samples was found on the west coast of Finnmark (Havøysund area) I had several samples in my collection, all are now sold to a Norwegian collector in Haugesund area, except for one and you'll find it for sale on Ebay today.

Anyone who know something about this float, were from, who produced it, etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here: