Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rare egg shaped floats

Hi glassfloat collector friends!
On pictures added below you can se an ordinary egg (M) mark and olive color, size approx 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" and the very rare and very old heavy egg float, olive color, no mark or is it a mark? (look at pictures) size approx; 7" x 4 1/3" My guess is that these hard to find, heavy old eggs are the first floats made here in Norway and I guess from my research it have to be approx late year 1700 - 1840, that's my guess. What do you think?

My plan with these floats is to sell both floats together not separately to the high bidder, you can use this email for bids pegunnar@broadpark.no or per@fotomanisk.com


Perfect Xmas gift for any collector  ;)   Ps. CLICK ON PICTURES for closeup images!


Both eggs are from the same area on the west coast mid Norway (My last travel and research)

Per





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here: